Sunday, 3 March 2013

Siblings

These guys love each other. No really. They love each other.
 

(Baby T is like houdini...his feet and legs keep escaping his babygro's!)
 
I cannot even  begin to understand their relationship. Ok, I have a sister but she is eight years older than me. That is a massive age gap! I loved it regardless. It was a bit like having a cooler version of my mum who I knew would always look after me or who I could go to if I didn't want to go to my parents. It wasn't like having someone to play with though. Well, it was, but there was always an air of sensible about it too! My sister felt responsible for me in some ways so we couldn't be partners in crime. She was actually worse than my parents for worrying about me!
 
These two however...already got their own communication going on! Giggles a plenty if one of them is being cheeky...
 
I love watching their relationship grow and develop. From the very first time they met and A was bursting with pride at being a big sister, to playing 'row, row' together. It is wonderful to watch.
They are, after all, one another's witnesses. Witnesses of an entire childhood. I hope they keep their bond forever.
 



 
ps. check out this book for a sibling relationship...I loved it. And if you've children yourself Shirley Hughes' Annie Rose and Alfie stories are just gorgeous...
 
 

3 comments:

  1. That is just lovely - your photographs are beautiful. Now that my girl is 15 months she has turned into a little playmate for her brother who is 5. Just like you I adore watching them turn into friends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...