Sunday, 18 August 2013

{The Ordinary Moments #1} Trust

I'm attempting my first Linky today...this should be interesting. I've no idea what I'm doing!! Katie's new linky over at mummy, daddy and me makes three caught my eye as it is all about the ordinary moments.

I spent a while struggling with the day to day aspects of being a stay at home mum. You know, the endless washing up, cleaning, cooking...the exasperation of being asked 'but why mummy?' for the hundreth time that hour. But it was the ordinary moments that pulled me out of it in the end. The spontaneous cuddles from A, the goodnight giggles from Baby T as he enjoys an upside kiss from the whole family, the crazy games of hide and seek where one of us inevitably ends up in the airing cupboard sniggering thinking we are oh so clever (and thats the grown ups!).

Here is my ordinary moment from this week. Its not the best photo but it captures them so well.


Baby T is oh-so-on-the-brink of proper walking but he likes to hold his big sister's hand for extra confidence. She is such a lovely big sister. always looking after him. This evening she swatted a fly away from him shouting 'get away from brother you pesky fly!' which made me giggle. I love how close they are. It makes my heart swell. Cheese fest I know. But it does. look at the trust in that little mans (somewhat blurry) face!



mummy daddy me

11 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a lovely photo Melanie. I can honestly say that the best thing about being a Mum to two is the interaction between my two girls, and it is growing every single day. I just love it. And I agree, there are definitely days where the 'routine' of being a Mum can seem dull, and then it's a little moment in between the washing, cooking and cleaning that can make it seem so worthwhile.

    Thanks for joining in, especially as it is your first ever linky! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so relate. I worked for 24 years. Never a year out. If I changed jobs it was finish one on Friday and start the new on Thursday and then BOOM redundancy and BOOM SAHM.
    I really relate to what you say and it is the beautiful ordinary precious moments that pull you through. The lack of a salary is still tough though.
    Great post.
    Liska x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough sometimes isn't it. I really struggle without the financial independance your own income brings. little things like buying the husband a birthday/christmas gift really get to me, but on the flipside I have always wanted to stay with my children until they are of school age and it is only a few years and they are so precious. I didn't expect to be bothered by the no money aspect as much as I am...thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  3. Aww they're so lovely together; such a lovely expression of protective affection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are partners in crime most of the time! x

      Delete
  4. Oh, that's so sweet. I love the way she's looking at him and him at her. Little moments like this will be so precious to remember in years to come. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeek I cannot wait for my two to meet and be friends. I love how she's looking athim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is honestly the most wonderful privilege to watch a siblings relationship grow. sounds sickening but totally true! best. thing. ever.

      Delete
  6. It reminds me of my kids (my boys are 3.5 and my baby is almost one and just about ready to take her first steps). I love how she's looking at him. It has reminded me I need to document my kids' relationship more as I don't get enough pictures of the three of them together.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...